What's Inside the Oscars Gift Bag? (Hint: It's a Lot)
With another year of the Academy Awards comes another year of boggling at the stars' gift bags. Provided again by Distinctive Assets, the "Everybody Wins" gift set is a luxurious cornucopia of branded products and gifts.
So, while we won't even pretend to guess who will win this year, we can examine what the winners and nominees will leave with.
(Honestly, I'm just hoping for Brendans Fraser and Gleeson to win their respective categories. I have to support my fellow Brendans, and it's a banner year for us.)
In addition to some lavish trips and experiences, here are some of the standout branded products that the biggest names in cinema will receive, according to a press release:
- Ariadne Athens Skin Wellness bath sets
- Blush Silks pillowcases
- CLIF Thins snacks
- Daily Energy Cards
- Frontera Wines
- Good Girl Chocolate
- Harmless Harvest coconut water
- Haviana flip-flops and luggage combo
- Jambys "performance inactive wear"
- Kind Reason Co. candles
- M cacao expression chocolate box with personalized videos embedded inside
- PETA "Stop Monkey Imports to Labs" travel pillow
- Posh Pretzels
- Rareté Studios bracelet
- Shinery soap and jewelry cleaner
- The Beauty Tea Company tea collection
- The Human Being Journal from Mahara Mindfulness
- The Millions-Billions-Trillions apparel
- Photo Shoot Kit from The Rescue Kit Company
- Upminders "Love, Respect, Unity" medallion
- And more
"While this gift bag does, as always, have an impressive value, that is neither our focus nor goal," said Distinctive Assets founder Lash Fary in a press release. "This is a straightforward win/win. These nominees are in a unique position to help participating brands immeasurably by simply wearing, using and talking about these products. Marketing and advertising can and must co-exist with the ever-present reporting of bad news globally. This isn't frivolity; it is basic economics."
He's right. There aren't many ways for a brand to gain steam than celebrity endorsements. Heck, that's why a Canadian charity T-shirt is selling in the thousands thank to Ryan Reynolds.
And, for promotional products distributors, this is always a valuable look at what kinds of products people want in their gift sets. If it's good enough for Tom Cruise and Cate Blanchett, it's good enough for anyone.
(Speaking of Cate Blanchett, I thought TÁR rocked so I hope she wins, too.)