Award and Recognition Trends for 2023!
New trends pop up regularly, and they can help set the forward-thinking distributor apart from the rest. But sharing fresh and creative ideas with your customers can sometimes be a challenge. Here are a few ideas with pro tips that can have big payoffs!
Employee turnover is expected to rise to 35% in 2023, and businesses are turning their attention to employee retention efforts. Meaningful onboarding makes new employees feel that they are part of the culture and fabric of the company. The results of a strong onboarding strategy are an increase in retention by 82%, and that’s not the only benefit! New employees’ productivity typically increases by 70%, doubling the impact on the company.
With that in mind, it’s easy to see how you, the forward-thinking distributor, can offer product solutions to your customers! Company swag, gifts, and awards play a pivotal role in supporting this business strategy. You can share this free downloadable flyer on 2023 workplace statistics with your customer and suggest a few of these trendy onboarding ideas to save them turnover costs:
- Onboarding kits are all the rage! Your customers are already using unboxing experiences to excite and engage their new employees with company swag. Creating an exciting onboarding kit instead of a boring packet will leave a lasting impression on new employees. Pro tip: Include this often-forgotten item — a frame-free crystal print. It offers you a high margin, and it offers your customer an opportunity to communicate the company’s brand and culture.
- Dale Carnegie said it best: “Names are the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” Onboarding an executive-level employee carries higher stakes for a company. Their job responsibilities often have a huge impact on the company, and it’s important to communicate that they are part of the team immediately. Pro tip: Present them with a classic nameplate during their onboarding process. It’s a small investment in the grand scheme of things, and it reinforces the company brand while setting the tone for their employee experience.
- Don’t forget the timeless business card holder! This office staple is sure to make a new recruit feel valued. Pro tip: Order their business cards before their first day on the job so they have their elegant crystal gift filled with their new business cards.
Offering your customers solutions that help support their business needs is always a win-win situation for everyone!
Technology + Employee Recognition
With companies worldwide planning on spending a collective $4.5 trillion dollars on IT, their investments are touching all areas of an enterprise. Technology is woven through employee relations strategies, with onboarding and retention being at the top of the list.
Connecting the employee to the culture of a company is key to engagement. Help keep your customers in line with trends by sharing these creative ways to integrate technology into your award or recognition programs:
- Digitize the ceremony. With the shift to remote work from the traditional in-office environment, it can be challenging for companies to recognize their employees. More and more recognition events are being revamped to take place online. Employees are receiving their awards and swag at home after the event which presents a great opportunity for companies to reinforce the memorable moment. A QR code is the perfect way to do that. Add a QR code to the winner’s award that links to a recording of the event. Pro tip: Instead of linking to a recording of the event, have the QR code link to a personalized presentation for the winner. Reliving a meaningful moment is just a scan away!
- Using technology to enhance the employee experience is just a tiny pebble in the sand. Advances in technology also improve the types of products and imprints in the promotional products industry. In the world of awards and gifts, 3-D subsurface laser engraving is the latest in technology. This imprint process keeps growing in popularity, and the technology keeps improving. With this state-of-the-art imprint process, your customer can recreate anything inside crystal. Yes, anything and inside. Whether it’s a robot or heart stints or a video game character, no image is too complex for a 3-D subsurface imprint inside an optical crystal award or gift. Pro tip: Pair your 3-D subsurface award or gift with a lighted base. Not only does it make the subsurface imprint really shine, it will make heads turn!
Eco-consciousness has been top of mind lately, and the demand for sustainable products has increased. This demand isn’t limited to just promotional products, as the award and recognition industry has seen an increase in demand as well.
Businesses are looking for more eco-friendly, recycled, or sustainable products for their recognition programs.
Because eco-friendly is in, companies are looking for ways to recognize those that are making changes for our planet. A sleek bamboo plaque is a simple way to incorporate a sustainable award into any recognition program. Pro tip: Add a color imprint to the bamboo plaque. Color is another growing trend in awards, and adding color to the bamboo plaque transforms a classic plaque into a beautiful piece of wall art that is sure to catch anyone’s eye!
Your customers will turn to you for the latest and greatest for their recognition programs, and with these trends in your back pocket, you’re ensuring that you’re the forward-thinking distributor who can provide the fresh, new ideas your customers are looking for.