What Creates Customer Loyalty?
Did you know that April is International Customer Loyalty Month?
Think about the businesses you consistently patronize. What have they done to capture your loyalty? What makes you go back? Are there any businesses you wouldn’t dream of switching from, no matter what? What about promotional products suppliers? What makes you choose one over the other?
I have a favorite store where I buy many of my clothes. They reward me every month with a coupon for savings. It encourages me to purchase more because I enjoy the savings and I love their clothes. A while back, I left an important package at that store that I needed for a business appointment the next day. A sales associate from the store drove miles to my home to deliver the package. Think I’m loyal to that store? You bet!
Here’s a request for today. Think about creative ways you can go above and beyond to make your customers feel special and cement their loyalty. (It goes without saying you’re already providing great service and quality products.)
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Send unexpected small gifts, just to show your appreciation. One savvy promotional distributor sent flowers to her best customers the first day of spring.
- Stay in contact beyond the sales call by sending articles, books or tips customers would enjoy reading and would help improve their bottom line.
- Take a hint from Amazon or the airlines and start a customer loyalty program with special perks and discounts for increased promotional products business. When done properly, these programs can dramatically increase your business.
- Provide additional services such as graphic design, fulfillment and marketing help.
- Be a partner in your customer’s success by having a thorough understanding of their business and their challenges. The more you understand, the better you can help them.
Bottom Line: These tips are just a beginning. With increased competition for business these days, you need to always be thinking about how you can enhance the customer experience to build loyalty.
I’d love to know what you’re doing to build loyalty. Please comment below.
Rosalie Marcus, The Promo Biz Coach, is a promotional products business expert, coach and speaker. Combining her skills and years of experience in promotional sales, she helps her clients sell more at higher profit margins and dramatically increase their incomes! Get a free special report: "10 Big Mistakes Promotional Professionals Make and How to Avoid Them" at www.promobizcoach.com. Reach her at Rosalie@promobizcoach.com or (215) 572-6766.