Love or Fear: Pick One
Most psychology experts agree that there are only two primary emotions: love and fear.
All positive emotions are derived from love.
All negative emotions are derived from fear.
For business owners and sales professionals, success starts with making the right choice.
Choice 1. Love
When we love what we do, everything brings us joy, excitement, and fulfillment:
- Winning the sales brings us joy.
- Losing the sales brings us opportunities to learn and grow.
- Earning appointments brings us anticipation and hope.
- Being rejected when asking for an appointment brings confidence — we are one “no” closer to a “yes."
Choice 2. Fear
When fear is our primary emotion, we expect to experience pain, disappointment, anxiety, and anger.
- Fearful people expect not to get the appointment.
- Fearful people expect not to win the sale.
- Fearful people get angry at others for their lack of success.
- Fearful people experience a lot of anxiety.
Choosing a mindset of love over fear is the most important of all mindsets. Choose love. Find a way to love what you do, who you do it with, and the opportunity to learn and grow every day.