Vision1’s Customizable Face Shields - Stay Safe and Help Customers With a Visible Smile
Even though COVID-19 is not beaten yet, the country is reopening and everyone is excited to finally enjoy summer to the full extent. But unfortunately, as long as there is no cure available, everyone—and especially people in customer facing jobs such as waiters, bartenders, retailers, etc.—will be in danger to get infected with the novel coronavirus.
To keep service workers, or really everyone, safe during the reopening, Vision1 Eyewear came up with a fully customizable face shield that prevents infection by up to 96 percent. Not only that, face shields have two more huge advantages compared to face masks: You can help customers with a smile and breathe easily while on the job. Give the gift of safety and equip employees, co-workers, family members, friends, etc. with Vision1 Face Shields that are fully customizable, reusable and eco-friendly produced in Italy.
What quality features to look for in a face shield?
As we knew that any personal protective equipment is useless if the person wearing it constantly needs to touch the shield to re-adjust its position (thereby transmitting germs from their face to other surfaces), we asked doctors and nurses what is important if we design a face shield with the aim to be used outside the PPE world. These are the important points that we incorporated into our shield:
- Thick elastic strap and Velcro fastener to ensure a tight fit paired with enduring comfort.
- Eco-foam between forehead and shield to give comfort, enable optical glasses to be worn underneath the shield and avoid a fogged-up shield.
- Robust shield thickness to maximize lifespan and cleanability. We decided to go for a much thicker shield than many you would find out there. Two reasons: Thin shields tend to wrinkle very quickly (you know the effect from cling films). Thin polyester shields become cloudy after a few laps of disinfection. Both would result in restricted sight and/or large need for replacement of the shield.
- A visible smile: Smiles sell! In addition to the visible smile, make use of our customized shields to convey a friendly message to your customers, partners, patients or co-workers
The safety of face shields
Depending on a few factors, face shields can reduce the risk of getting infected by airborne particles by up to 96 percent. The development of our face shield was based on a study called Efficacy of Face Shields Against Cough Aerosol Droplets From a Cough Simulator by Lindsley et al, 2014/NIOSH, which was recently also cited by the New York Times in an article suggesting the use of face shields. Here are our favorite quotes from that article:
“I believe that face shields should be the preferred personal protective equipment of everyone for the same reason health care workers use them. They protect the entire face, including the eyes, and prevent people from touching their faces or inadvertently exposing themselves to the coronavirus.
Face shields may be easier to wear than masks, like wearing glasses or a hat. They wrap around a small portion of a person’s forehead rather than covering more than half their face with material that can create the urge to itch.”
- Dr. Eli Perencevich, University of Iowa
“The nice thing about face shields is that they can be resterilized and cleaned by the user, so they’re reusable indefinitely until some component breaks or cracks."
-Dr. Sherry Yu, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
Vision1 Customizable Face Shield Specs:
- Flexible visor 0.02” thick; Weight: 2.1oz
- 11.8” wide x 8.9” high; reaches below the chin
- Allows you to wear optical glasses underneath
- 1.0” wide, adjustable elastic rubber band
- Comfortable eco-foam between forehead and visor
- 10.0” x 1.2” branding option on front label
- Additional name/ID field in white possible
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Re-usable and high endurance. Care: disinfection spray
Customization options on Vision1's Face Shields
The upper bar of the Vision 1 face shield can be fully customized. The area is 10.0” x 1.2”, and we are happy to add your company’s logo, a slogan, a motivating message, etc. Hervis, an Austrian Sports Retailer with 200 stores, added a beautiful message: “We help you with a safe smile.”
About Vision1 Eyewear
Vision1 sunglasses are a medium to bring your message/brand right into your customers faces. Together with our vision experts, we developed a technology that lets us print statements on the outside of sunglass lenses, invisible for the wearer on the inside.
These revolutionary lenses are mounted into premium quality frames made in Italy from recycled plastics. Founded in 2018, our aim is to produce promotional sunglasses that CEOs love to wear.